XenApp WMI entries no longer reporting in monitoring software


We found that Solawinds was reporting that some WMI monitoring was not working correctly on out XenApp 6.0 Windows 2008 R2 SP1 servers. We used some WMI tools to check to see if the WMI entries existed or if there were permission issues. On investigation it was found that the entries did not exist.

After some investigation on the internet on how to rebuild the entries it was found that the following commands would rebuild them. Once these were run in an elevated permissioned command prompt the entries were rebuilt and the Solarwinds monitoring started reporting correctly again.

CD "%ProgramFiles%\Citrix\System32\Citrix\WMI"
for %i in (*.mof, *.mfl) do Mofcomp %I

If we find any more methods to fix the entries in different scenarios I will post them up to help you out

N.B. before running any commands make sure that they are correct for you as I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong on your systems

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: